Real Women of Port Stephens knowledge bank brings you the answers to your most common local questions. Check back regularly as we unearth some real gems!
Real Women of Port Stephens recommends:
- Top coach is amazing!!! Have a chat with Chris and leisa about a free one week trial.
- Igym is amazing! Great staff, excellent equipment and classes
- I’v been checking them all out and I’m about to join pt fitness, they are doing a special $9.99 May only . I used to go to Igym but wasn’t for me .
- iGym salamander for your Zumba classes 🙂
- F45 Training Port Stephens
- Igym is fantastic, heaps of classes and great trainers and staff
- Second IGym if you want to do classes. They have a huge range of classes and they are great.
- Bayfit out near Bunnings. Great workout. Great instructor. Great group! 😊
- Igym 100%
- I gym for sure , you will not be disappointed
- Leisa at TOP COACH ! She is amazing and her body is so lean and feminine whilst super healthy and strong. No bulk!
- I was with I gym and swapped to Anytime Fitness. If you are after classes I would go for igym.
- I just joined igym and love it. Great classes, great staff, great price
- My daughter goes to I gym they have such wonderful staff that make her feel welcome ❤️
- There’s a new cross fit opening on George Road too 🙂
- Top coach is amazing. All group training. Every level of fitness catered for… from super fit to first time. There are always alternatives offered for injuries ect.
The personalised attention it unreal. And to begin you get a free assessment and everybody must do beginners classes first to ensure your technique is great!
- Headquarters Fitness,Health and Wellness Taylor’s Beach is the best gym check it out👏👏
- I have just started at igym and am loving the classes so far but the equipment for weights isn’t the greatest, but I’m pretty sure they’re upgrading it all this year. The staff are all lovely too. I’ve heard wonderful things about pt fitness too, they just don’t do as many classes as igym
- I have tried quite a few… but seriously iGym Salamander bay with Carly and Janene and many other super awesome trainers is really the best.. if you are looking for classes they are always powerful and fun and the gym is big just such a normal relaxed atmosphere. try it.. I can get you a free 6 day pass to just see it for yourself. you can walk in and ask for that too. iGym is super cheap too.
- Top Coach personal training. We’ve been going for 4 years. Chriss and Leisa are amazing.
- i go to pt fitness… they are fab there, not a huge amount of classes but you get taught how to use all the weight equipment properly so you can still workout if you cant get to.a class .. gyms are so different, go in and get a feel of them and see which one suits you (usually they will give you a week free trial)
- I absolutely love iGym 247 Salamander Bay. Great staff. Great classes. Affordable. Has a crèche. Has all the equipment. Open 24/7.
- IGym Salamander Bay
- Angie Sinclair look below! Lorna Davies is a beautiful lady and fun at Zumba too! As it is her at igym I am going to go!
- Balance. The best!
- Joy Flint PT Fitness is amazing
- PT Fitness – This is my happy place! Best gym ever
- IGym. Lovely staff
- If you’re wanting to incorporate weights you won’t go wrong with Joy Flint @PTFitness. She got me back into weights after a hiatus. So much knowledge, but also a huge dedication to her clients.
Here are the top picks as voted by our Real Women of Port Stephens:
- Evviva Cafe & Bar, Nelson Bay
- Soldiers Point Bowling Club
- “Great play area”
- “my girls take a footy or soccer ball usually and there’s always enough kids to have a game while we sit and have a drink, everyone can get something they like to eat and good prices!!”
- “My niece loves soldiers point bowling club and it’s fully fenced so they can’t run out onto the road and great play area. It’s fabulous.”
- Murrays Brewery & Port Stephens Winery, Bobs Farm
- Wats-on The Menu Catering at Horizons Golf Resort, Salamander Bay
- “Sarina Schick and Paul Watson are great w kids; large garden area to play in; FootGolf practice hole for kids and great kids and adult meals.”
- Bluewater Grill at Nelson Bay Golf Club
- “Is very child friendly Has an indoor playground and kids packs with kids meals , and is open from 10am for cake and coffee too”
- Spectrum Cafe, Anna Bay
- “Kid friendly cafe/ menu, older kids playground and little kids fully enclosed play area. Plus a Giftshop and Plant Trade Nursery just opened on site too.”
- “Great coffee, great food and a great atmosphere….not to mention child friendly. Love that I can sit and eat, catch up with a friend, have a coffee and the children can play safely”
- Spirited – A Creative Play Cafe at Taylors Beach
- Fingal Bay Sports Club
- Medowie Macadamias
- Hog’s Breath at Nelson Bay
- Mod Thai Food & Noodle Bar at Nelson Bay
- Anna Bay Tavern
Hello lovely women I am new to PS where is the best drop in classes for Yoga at a reasonable price? Thanks!!
Here’s what our Real Women had to say:
- Yoga in the Bay – Kelly Chadbourne is a fabulous, patient teacher.
- Yogasphere: Integrated Health & Movement-Based Solutions at One Mile. Casual drop-in classes on Monday 9:30 am and Thursday 10am. I highly recommend Nikki’s classes!
- Life flow Yoga with Nicole Shields
- Free yoga on Friday mornings at Salt Ash Church except for school holidays and public holidays. 10am followed by a free lunch.
- Chair Yoga class with Julie Hawkins @ Salt Ash. [Phone 0488 999 933 for further details. The class is only free for red zone residents & $20 to people outside the zone.]
Just took my daughter for a drive and I think a professional driving instructor is going to be more advantageous than a daily dose of Valium. Thanks in advance.
Here’s what our Real Women had to say:
- Shane at Exceed Driver Training is amazing he has taught both of my children
- Can’t imagine anyone more knowledgeable and experienced than Shane at Exceed Driver Training.
- Cathie at Happiness Driving School
- Angels Driver Training 0415 352 611 … Terry Darragh is really good.
- Happiness driving school. Cathy is a local lady and amazing with the young ones xx.
- Shane at Exceed Driver Training is excellent, highly recommend.
- Blue Water Driving School my daughter got her lisence first go and 102 out of 100 Sarja is great..
- Excel driving school