Lauren Chircop, Nutritionist at OPAAT Health, Nelson Bay, shares one of her favourite recipes with Real Women of Port Stephens. For more recipes, visit www.facebook.com/OPAAThealth
Packed with protein and natural sweeteners, these jaffa bliss balls are the perfect mini meal snack! Great for an energy boost.
- 1 cup organic desiccated coconut
- 10 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 4 tbsp organic raw cacao powder
- Pinch salt
- 5-6 drops Young Living orange essential oil*
*You can substitute orange oil for mint oil or vanilla.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until mixture starts to stick together.
- Using a tablespoon or about 40g of the mixture, roll into balls. You can coat them in extra desiccated coconut, cacao powder or cacao nibs. Store in fridge or freezer.